CDC- Vaccinating Adults with Chronic Conditions
Date: Thursday, May 28, 2020
Time: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
It is especially important for adults with chronic health conditions to be up-to-date on recommended vaccinations, as they are at increased risk for complications from certain vaccine-preventable diseases. CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) is hosting a webinar about vaccination of adults with chronic health conditions on May 28, 2020 at 3:00pm ET.
Three physicians will discuss vaccine recommendations and strategies for increasing immunization rates among adults with chronic conditions such as heart disease, lung disease and diabetes.
Objectives: By the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Explain why vaccines are important for adults with chronic conditions.
- Describe adult vaccination coverage rates and vaccines recommended for adults with chronic conditions.
- Effectively communicate with adult patients about the importance of getting recommended vaccines to help manage their chronic condition.
- Analyze office procedures to reduce missed opportunities to vaccinate.
- Identify CDC educational resources for healthcare professionals and patients.