Date: Tuesday, February 11, 2020
More than half a million students in Colorado attend schools where vaccination rates aren’t high enough to provide full protection from vaccine-preventable childhood illnesses. We must act to improve our state’s alarmingly low vaccination rates.
This week, Colorado Governor Jared Polis expressed his support for a proposed policy change that will aim to boost Colorado’s lowest-in-the-nation vaccination rates. This is big.
We want to show Governor Polis that we are grateful to him for supporting this important policy solution and aligning with the vast majority of Coloradans who support vaccination. Take Action and say thank you to Governor Polis for supporting this common-sense policy change that will improve vaccination rates and support public health!
Senate Bill 163 will work to keep students and the most vulnerable members of our communities who cannot be vaccinated – the very young, the very old and those with compromised immune systems – safe and protected from harmful diseases.
Stay involved throughout this legislative session!
- Tell your story! Share why you support strong vaccination policy in media interviews, through testimony at committee hearings or on social media.
- Visit ColoradoVaccinates.com for important updates and access to policy resources.
- Contact your Colorado state legislators directly and look out for future action alerts.
- Look up your Senate or House District’s vaccination rates.
- Attend the Immunize Colorado and Colorado Parents for Vaccinated Communities Day at the Capitol on February 14th from 11am – 1pm. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.