Alliance for HPV-Free Colorado
The Alliance for HPV Free Colorado aims to implement a multidisciplinary approach that results in a sustainable increase in completion of the HPV vaccine series for 11-17 year olds in 15 counties across Colorado.
We work to:
- Utilize community and partner stakeholders, including an HPV Advisory Council, to promote and champion HPV vaccine education and awareness,
- Plan and implement a health systems approach to increase adherence to national HPV vaccination guidelines among practices and providers,
- Adapt and implement a targeted communications plan to increase demand for and knowledge about the HPV vaccine among parents/guardians of adolescents aged 11-17 years, and
- Utilize sustainable analytic infrastructure to measure HPV vaccination rates.
Ways to Get Involved
During quarterly HPV Advisory Council meetings, you will have a chance to champion HPV vaccine promotion and awareness, participate in a collaborative working group, and receive free materials to disseminate to your networks.
The Alliance offers free 1-2 hour HPV education sessions to any interested individuals or groups. These trainings are led by an expert, virtually or in person at a location and time convenient to you and your clinic. Food can be provided as well as free communications materials.
Training opportunities include:
- HPV 101 - Provides attendees with the latest information on the burden of HPV, information on HPV vaccination guidelines, and strategies and tips for providing a strong recommendation for the HPV vaccine.
- Motivational Interviewing - Provides attendees with the skills to counsel vaccine hesitant parents or patients.
- HPV and Oropharyngeal Cancer Training - Provides dental health professionals information about HPV, the burden of disease, how to counsel patients, and how to conduct an oropharyngeal exam.The Alliance also offers trainings and resources for dental providers:
- HPV and Oropharyngeal Cancer PowerPoint Slides - A supplement to the in-person dental training, for reference only; no Continuing Education (CE) credits can be earned by viewing the slides. To receive CE, you must fill out the interest form to schedule a training.
- Dental Provider Toolkit - A supplement to in-person dental training to help providers implement the Alliance for HPV Free Colorado dental protocol. It also serves as an educational resource for dental and medical providers.
- Oral Screening Video - A comprehensive video of a visual and tactile, intraoral and extraoral cancer evaluation.
We encourage your practice to consider participating in a project to increase HPV vaccination uptake in your clinic. The Alliance will guide you through implementation of customizable, evidence-based quality improvement strategies to increase HPV vaccination uptake. Participating practices will receive free Maintenance of Certification and/or Continuing Medical Education credits, food for in-person trainings, and free communication materials.
#HPVFreeCO educational campaign materials are available at no cost to help you share information with parents and guardians about the importance of vaccinating preteens and teens against HPV. The materials are distributed in kits that include posters, rack cards and fact sheets to be used in clinical settings or at community events.
5. View HPV Vaccination Rates in the 15-County Region
Access your county's HPV vaccine initiation and up-to-date rates by race and gender.
Resources for HPV Vaccine Providers
- Tip Sheet: Addressing Parents’ Top Questions about the HPV Vaccine
- From the CDC: HPV Vaccine Information for Clinicians
- From the CDC: Fact sheet for parents
- Request printed materials for your office
Alliance for HPV-Free Colorado Partners
Team Vaccine Blog
Fulfilling Goals of an AmeriCorps VISTA Immunization Outreach & Education Coordinator During…
By Hannah Fryczynski It’s no secret that for public health professionals everywhere, this last year and a half has been challenging, stressful, daunting, and at times disheartening. The pandemic has taken a toll on Americans in every way possible, including life expectancy and long-term physical…
By Hannah Fryczynski It’s no secret that for public health professionals everywhere, this last year and a half has been challenging, stressful, daunting, and at…
Colorado’s Top Vaccine Experts Answer Common Questions About COVID-19 Variants, Vaccines for…
On September 15, Immunize Colorado hosted two of Colorado’s top immunization experts for a town-hall style panel discussion of the latest updates on the COVID-19 pandemic and vaccination. Panelists Dr. Sean O’Leary, Pediatric Infectious Diseases Specialist at Children’s Hospital Colorado, and Heather Roth, Immunization Branch…
On September 15, Immunize Colorado hosted two of Colorado’s top immunization experts for a town-hall style panel discussion of the latest updates on the COVID-19…
CO-mmunity Corps Blog Series: Reflections on the COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout in Jefferson…
By Hannah Sullivan I started serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA member at Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) in August of 2020. As the end of my service year now quickly approaches, I have been taking time to reflect on my experiences. COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout –…
By Hannah Sullivan I started serving as an AmeriCorps VISTA member at Jefferson County Public Health (JCPH) in August of 2020. As the end of…
CO-mmunity Corps Blog Series: Developing Multi-Language, Culturally Responsive COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging Resources…
Heading Back to School in 2021: Why Getting Kids Vaccinated Early is…
Understanding the One-Shot Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine
The Colorado Vaccine Equity Taskforce Works to Ensure Communities of Color Have…