Alliance for HPV-Free Colorado
The Alliance for HPV Free Colorado aims to implement a multidisciplinary approach that results in a sustainable increase in completion of the HPV vaccine series for 9-17 year olds in 15 counties across Colorado. The Alliance is supported by the Cancer, Cardiovascular and Chronic Pulmonary Disease Grants Program to address cancer.
We work to:
- Utilize community and partner stakeholders, including an HPV Advisory Council, to promote and champion HPV vaccine education and awareness,
- Plan and implement a health systems approach to increase adherence to national HPV vaccination guidelines among practices and providers,
- Adapt and implement a targeted communications plan to increase demand for and knowledge about the HPV vaccine among parents/guardians of adolescents aged 9-17 years, and
- Utilize sustainable analytic infrastructure to measure HPV vaccination rates.
Ways to Get Involved
During quarterly HPV Advisory Council meetings, you will have a chance to champion HPV vaccine promotion and awareness, participate in a collaborative working group, and receive free materials to disseminate to your networks.
The Alliance offers free, tailored HPV education sessions to any interested individuals or groups. These trainings are led by an expert, virtually or in person at a location and time convenient to you and your clinic. Free communications materials can be provided.
Training opportunities include:
- HPV Vaccination IS Cancer Prevention - Provides attendees with the latest information on the burden of HPV, information on HPV vaccination guidelines, and strategies and tips for providing a strong recommendation for the HPV vaccine.
- Motivational Interviewing Tips for HPV Conversations - Provides attendees with the skills to counsel vaccine hesitant parents or patients.Supplemental Training Materials (available on the Immunize Colorado resource store):
- HPV and Oropharyngeal Cancer Training - Provides dental health professionals information about HPV, the burden of disease, how to counsel patients, and how to conduct an oropharyngeal exam. The Alliance also offers trainings and resources for dental providers.Supplemental Training Materials (available on the Immunize Colorado resource store):
- Dental HPV Training PowerPoint (link coming soon) - A supplement to the in-person dental training, for reference only; no Continuing Education (CE) credits can be earned by viewing the slides. To receive CE, you must fill out the interest form to schedule a training.
- Dental Toolkit - A supplement to in-person dental training to help providers implement the Alliance for HPV Free Colorado dental protocol. It also serves as an educational resource for dental and medical providers.
- Oral Screening Video - A comprehensive video of a visual and tactile, intraoral and extraoral cancer evaluation.
We encourage your practice to consider participating in a project to increase HPV vaccination uptake in your clinic. The Alliance will guide you through implementation of customizable, evidence-based quality improvement strategies to increase HPV vaccination uptake. Participating practices will receive free Maintenance of Certification and/or Continuing Medical Education credits and free communication materials.
#HPVFreeCO educational campaign materials are available at no cost to help you share information with parents and guardians about the importance of vaccinating preteens and teens against HPV. The materials are distributed in kits that include posters, rack cards and fact sheets to be used in clinical settings or at community events.
5. Download Alliance Resources & Materials
Materials offered by the Alliance for HPV Free Colorado are available at no cost for you to download, print and share. Click the button below and scroll to the "Downloadable Resources (HPV Alliance)" section.
Archived Advisory Council Meetings
The Alliance's Advisory Council meets quarterly to discuss updates related to the Alliance's work and emerging HPV vaccination topics. Recordings of these meetings can be accessed at the links below.
Resources for HPV Vaccine Providers
- Tip Sheet: Addressing Parents’ Top Questions about the HPV Vaccine
- From the CDC: HPV Vaccine Information for Clinicians
- From the CDC: Fact sheet for parents
- Request printed materials for your office
Alliance for HPV-Free Colorado Partners
Team Vaccine Blog
Don’t Fall to the Flu This Season
With the transition of quaking Aspen leaves from green to yellow, and the emergence of snow-capped mountain peaks, Colorado is in full-fledged fall season. With that comes the typical surge in respiratory viral infections. But this year, experts postulate a particularly troubling season. Not only…
With the transition of quaking Aspen leaves from green to yellow, and the emergence of snow-capped mountain peaks, Colorado is in full-fledged fall season. With…
Full-Circle: Reflections on the Journey That Brought Me Back to the Beginning…
By Marie Cone LeBeaumont My journey into the healthcare sphere started when I was fairly young. Although I grew up in Cheyenne, Wyoming, I played competitive soccer in Colorado. Playing at such a high level caused me to suffer a series of injuries, including plantar…
By Marie Cone LeBeaumont My journey into the healthcare sphere started when I was fairly young. Although I grew up in Cheyenne, Wyoming, I played…
The Importance of Health Education for Immunization From the Perspective of an…
By Erika Dunnon It is well known that having an educated and well-trained workforce is essential. This is especially true in healthcare where it creates the best environment for safe and effective practices. Equally important is the information available for the public to make health-related…
By Erika Dunnon It is well known that having an educated and well-trained workforce is essential. This is especially true in healthcare where it creates…
Set Your Child Up for a Healthy School Year with Vaccines
Widening the Circle of Inclusion on the Road to Vaccine Equity
Filtering Fact from Fiction: Navigating Vaccine Misinformation
What Kinds of Vaccines Exist, and How Do They Work to Create…