AmeriCorps VISTA Program
AmeriCorps VISTA is a form of national service that aims to build capacity in nonprofit organizations and public agencies across the United States. During their year of service, VISTA members gain valuable professional, educational, and life benefits, and the experience has a lasting impact on the members and the communities they serve. Immunize Colorado's AmeriCorps VISTA Program, the Colorado Immunity Corps (CO-mmunity Corps) aims to advance and promote vaccine delivery and education in communities across Colorado through eight full-time VISTA members. These members build the capacity of their host site by developing and implementing local immunization activities that promote education and access to vaccines and primary care services in their communities.
CO-mmunity Corps Program Successes
members placed at 14 local public health agencies
community volunteers recruited
community members served through education and access activities
organizations with increased capacity
Frequently Asked Questions
For Prospective Members
The application is now open to serve as an Immunization Education & Outreach Coordinator as part of the 2022/23 CO-mmunity Corps cohort. Placements are available at the following host sites throughout the state of Colorado. The application for all host sites is available on the My AmeriCorps website. Learn more and apply today.
- Chaffee County Public Health (Salida, Colorado)
- Garfield County Public Health (Glenwood Springs/Rifle, Colorado)
- Mesa County Public Health (Grand Junction, Colorado)
- Gunnison County Public Health (Gunnison, Colorado) - Position will be available in December 2022
- Public Health Institute at Denver Health (Denver, Colorado) Position Filled
- Jefferson County Public Health (Lakewood, Colorado)
- Tepeyac Community Health Center (Denver, Colorado) - Spanish Required Position Filled
- Kid’s First Health Care (Commcere City, Colorado) - Spanish Preferred
- Boulder County Public Health (Boulder, Colorado) Position Filled
Before applying, it is important to become familiar with AmeriCorps VISTA and the VISTA Assignment Description for the Immunization Education and Outreach Coordinator positions. (Please note that the VISTA Assignment Description is intended only as a guide for members' year of service and may shift based on host site needs.) To apply, complete the following steps. Contact us with any questions!
After completing the application in MyAmeriCorps, an Immunize Colorado staff member will reach out to you to follow-up.
Selected candidates will interview via video conference with CO-mmunity Corps program staff in addition to staff from the host site.