Immunize Colorado published its 2023 Annual Report, a summary of the work and accomplishments of the organization in 2023. Highlights from the report include our work to:
- Support a $3.6 million state budget supplement for mobile immunization services, as well as three pro-public health bills that passed the legislature
- Educate nearly 2,000 health care professionals through monthly educational webinars
- Complete the third year of the CO-mmunity Corp, our AmeriCorps VISTA program, and assist 165 organizations to increase their capacity to provide immunization services
- Host the Colorado Regional Immunization Summit for the first time since 2017
- Reach over 24,000 people with vaccine education at community events
This report is just a snapshot of Immunize Colorado’s efforts in 2023. As we look to 2024, we remain committed to supporting partners across public health and healthcare to address the decrease in routine immunization rates; promote continued COVID-19 vaccination; find strategic solutions to reach underserved communities; foster confidence in and access to all vaccines for all Coloradans; and ultimately advance our mission to protect Colorado families, schools and communities from vaccine-preventable diseases. This work is certainly challenging and unending, but our commitment to it is steadfast.