AmeriCorps VISTA Program
VISTA Member Positions Now Available!
VISTA Member Positions Now Available!
Immunize Colorado is now recruiting for one (1) full-time AmeriCorps VISTA Immunization Education and Outreach Coordinator position. See below for more information!
What is AmeriCorps VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA is a form of national service that aims to build capacity in nonprofit organizations and public agencies across the United States. During their year of service, VISTA members gain valuable professional, educational, and life benefits, and the experience has a lasting impact on the members and the communities they serve. Learn more about national service and AmeriCorps VISTA here.
What is the Colorado Immunity Corps?
The Colorado Immunity Corps (CO-mmunity Corps) is Immunize Colorado’s statewide AmeriCorps VISTA program which aims to advance and promote vaccine delivery and education in communities across Colorado through eight full-time AmeriCorps VISTA members. Members who participate in the CO-mmunity Corps program will build the capacity of their host site by developing and implementing local immunization activities that promote education and access to immunizations and primary services in their local communities.
To learn more about the AmeriCorps VISTA Immunization Outreach and Education Coordinator position, please see the VISTA Assignment Description.
Where Are Host Sites Located?
Host sites in the CO-mmunity Corps program are local public health agencies and community-based organizations across Colorado. Our current host sites are listed below. If your organization is interested in becoming a host site, please contact us!
- Chaffee County Public Health in Salida
- Garfield County Public Health in Glenwood Springs - Now Recruiting!
- Immunize Colorado in Aurora
- Jefferson County Public Health in Lakewood
- Weld County Department of Public Health and Environment in Greeley
- Delta County Health Department in Delta
Who Are Current VISTA Immunization Education and Outreach Coordinators?
- Clara Holder - Chaffee County Public Health in Salida
- Ellie Dullea - Immunize Colorado in Aurora
- Amy Bell - Immunize Colorado in Aurora
- Olwen Menez - Jefferson County Public Health in Lakewood
Who Can Serve as a Colorado Immunity Corps VISTA Member?
Anyone who meets the below requirements will be eligible to serve as a VISTA member in the CO-mmunity Corps. Host sites will have the option to work closely with Immunize Colorado to determine the best candidate for their site. To be eligible to serve as an AmeriCorps VISTA Immunization Education and Outreach Coordinator, you must be:
- A lawful citizen, national or permanent resident alien of the US
- At least 18 years old at the time of application
- Have HS diploma or GED; Bachelor's degree strongly preferred
- Be willing to undergo and meet criteria of required criminal background check(s)
- Have a valid driver's license and access to personal vehicle (site-dependent)
- Proficient/bilingual in Spanish preferred (site-dependent)
How Do I Apply to Serve as a VISTA Member in the Colorado Immunity Corps?
Before applying, it is important to become familiar with AmeriCorps VISTA and the VISTA Assignment Description for the Immunization Education and Outreach Coordinator position. For steps in the application process, see below. Contact us with any questions!
- Submit the CO-mmunity Corps Program Interest Form. This form is specific to the Immunization Education and Outreach Coordinator position and will allow the applicant to select which site(s) they would like to apply. Please note: You cannot close out of this application and come back to it later. However, you can view a PDF copy of the Program Interest Form here.
- Submit an application in MyAmeriCorps. This application is required for any AmeriCorps national service position.
- After completing both the Program Interest Form and application in MyAmeriCorps, an Immunize Colorado staff member will reach out to you to follow-up.
- Selected candidates will interview via video conference with CO-mmunity Corps program staff in addition to staff from the host site.
What is the Timeline for the Program?
- March 2020: Member recruitment begins
- June 2020 - October 2020: Members start at host sites (dependent upon placement)
- May 2021 - October 2021: Members finish their service term (dependent upon placement)
What is Immunize Colorado's Role in the Program?
CO-mmunity Corps program staff at Immunize Colorado will be responsible for:
- Overseeing grant management (i.e. financials, reporting, recruitment)
- Managing member recruitment and screening process (Host site will be involved in final selection of members for their site)
- Providing orientation, training resources and professional development opportunities to host sites and members
For additional questions or information, please contact Katie Waters at Katherine.Waters@childrenscolorado.org.